Wednesday, February 07, 2007

An Ode to Short Attention Spans


It has been years since I've blogged. And by "blogged," I mean made one - count it - one entry, nearly two years ago. Why such sporadic visits to a site of my own creation? I blame it on a short attention span.

You see, I am, after all, a Gemini. Which gives me astrological reason (excuse?) to wander hither and tither, follow whatever muse guides me, but only for the moment. This is not to imply that I am flighty or shallow - merely that there is too much in this vast world of ours that competes for my gaze and adoration (or only a passing glance, as the case may be). How am I to choose just one?

But if we are to believe the saying about loving things and setting them free, then we are to belive in the ultimate return of and to the things we love. So I am back, for which I thank, blame, thank Maryam, of My Marrakesh who I unceremoniously contacted, because she inspired me, and who kindly replied and asked for my blog link.

So like a second-grader, caught red-handed without her homework, I am returning to a project I began so long ago, and hope that I can do it justice. Please, be kind as I begin my journey, the second time through...

1 comment:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

A ha! You see I read your blog from the bottom up... because I am a thorough kind of girl. I wanted the story behind the person of the emails.

Okay, so now you really must tell me. I will be back very soon to find out. I hope there is something there for me - and for the rest of the readers out there, because really, a girl can't be so selfish:-)