Tuesday, June 19, 2007

All About My Mother



My mother unofficially collects animal figurines. If they are broken or damaged, they take a special place in her heart.

When my mother is tired, she says she can only speak Russian.

My mother rarely drinks alcohol, but when called upon, she can drink most people under the table.

My mother makes amazing food, though she says she can't cook.

My mother loves things that sparkle.

My mother enjoys the theater, but classic ballet has been known to bore her.

My mother understands things about taxes. I think there should be some kind of award for understanding things about taxes.

My mother used to play volleyball.

My mother survived the World War II blockade of Leningrad.

My mother loves colors. The brighter the better.

My mother doesn't mind flat soda.

My mother loves cheesecake.

My mother played the accordion as a child.

My mother always falls asleep in front of the TV.

My mother hates her birthday. And I say it's silly - because with each passing year she gets wiser and more beautiful.

Happy birthday, mom!

No comments: