Friday, June 01, 2007

A Rose By Any Other Name...



Change is in the air. I can feel it, urging me to renew, add a dash of color here, a coat of paint there. So it is perhaps my redecorating frenzy that is making me question the name of my blog.

That, and my friend Kate, who informed me that she can no longer look at the word "dynamite". And she's not wrong. Dynamite, while a fine word in and of itself, is not descriptive of me. Not that I don't think I'm OK (back off, all you preachers of self-affirmation), just that...

Is a blog in search of a name less of a blog? A rose by any other name may smell as sweet, but would nevertheless be far less attractive if it were renamed "manure," don't you think?

So what should I call myself? Sure, the answers are probably within, but in the meantime, I'm open to any and all suggestions.

2 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Oh, eek, that is so hard. I need to know more about you and your interests. Give us more to go on, like the 10 things that pop into your head when you think about yourself....

She-Blob said...

What a difficult task you've put before me, Maryam... I've been trying for days to come up with a list and have nothing. Perhaps I'm overthinking it...